Careers at ZAP Solutions
Business Development Associate
AMP Admissions Management + Decision Support Software Solution
Bachelors Degree or Equivalent Experience
Previous higher education sales experience
Sales, Marketing, Business Development
The business development associate position will be dedicated solely to driving new business sales and expanding our current client base on both the AMP side as well as the custom side.
The position will possess the appropriate level of admissions/business acumen, while also having a deep-level of product expertise around the features, functionality and capabilities of the AMP software solution. Relatively speaking, this position is responsible for learning the ins and the outs of AMP and our company to help further expand our company's continuing growth. Extensive knowledge of web development and social media required.
Account Management & Sales:
Business development associate will build market position by locating, developing, defining, negotiating, and closing business relationships. This includes a variety of different responsibilities/tasks.
- Identifies trendsetter ideas by researching higher education industry and related events, publications, and announcements; tracking individual contributors and their accomplishments.
- Responds professionally, accurately, and expediently to inquiries from constituents and other key audiences
- Serves as an initial primary point of contact between potential clients (admissions + IT) and ZAP’s internal resource team (technical analyst and software developer)
- Clarifies questions or concerns, including identifying both needs and expectations for the prospective client
- Documents all inquiries and manage/prioritize prospects via SalesForce
- Develops marketing materials and written responses to RFPs
- Screens potential business deals by analyzing market strategies, deal requirements, potential, and financials
- Enhances organization reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests & exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments
- Closes new business deals by coordinating requirements, developing and negotiating contracts, and integrating contract requirements with business operations.
- Contributes to quality customer service standards by accessing, interpreting, applying, and self-monitoring performance in accordance with departmental policies and procedures. Identifies and assesses needs of clients and ancillary service groups, and provides appropriate support to satisfy those needs.
- Participates in project workgroups. Recommends updates, changes, and improvements for AMP software and policies.
- Attends conferences and other national forums aimed at the graduate + medical school application process. Staffs booths in exhibit areas.
- Establishes rapport and maintaining on-going relationship with client
- Presents positive organizational image
Bachelor's degree required.
Previous higher education sales experience required.
Sales experience in a high tech, web development environment. Personal or professional experience with college admissions process and academia a plus.
Translate complex business rules into audience-appropriate language. Respond to public inquires in a multifaceted service environment. Establish immediate rapport with and project confidence to diverse audiences. Excellent oral and written communication skills. Ability to work well with team members and independently. Must be able to manage multiple priorities while maintaining a high-level of service and attention to detail. Projects a positive image for ZAP Solutions, Inc. (AMP), addresses public inquires diplomatically, demonstrates politically savvy independent judgment, and provides exemplary service.
To Apply for this position
Kindly provide your resume, cover letter, and contact information below.